Prices from:£80 per person
Paediatric First Aid certificate
Valid for three years
This course is suitable for people aged 16+ who care for babies and children in any professional setting and are required to be qualified in first aid, including:
• au pairs
• nursery and pre-school workers
• sport and leisure staff
• crèche leaders
• anyone responsible for the welfare of children.
This course covers how to help a baby or child who:
• is unresponsive and breathing
• is unresponsive and not breathing, including the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
• is choking
• is bleeding
• is burnt or has a scald
• has an object in their eye, ear or nose
• has hypothermia or heat exhaustion
• has sickness or a fever
This course also covers what to do if someone is having a medical emergency, including:
• diabetic emergency
• asthma attack
• severe allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock)
• has an injury to a bone muscle or joint (including spinal injuries)
• has a head injury
• has swallowed something harmful.
The three day course runs from 9am until 5pm each day, with a lunch break between the morning and afternoon sessions. We recommend that you bring your own lunch, as not all venues have food outlets on site or nearby.
CS-15 is recognised as a standard setter in paediatric first aid training, as set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage framework (EYFS).
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a paediatric first aid certificate which is valid for three years by CS-15. This course meets the requirements specified by OFSTED and also includes the requirements of the appointed person in the workplace.
Please contact us for a venue specific quote.